From Mandriva Community Wiki
Mandriva 2010 was partly based on suggestions submitted to Mandriva Ideas.
The specifications are stored in SVN to allow better management: Specifications in svn. Specs are still in progress.
- 2010 specifications (PDF) | 2010 synthesis (PDF) - last update: 10/08/2009
- Previous 2009 Spring specifications (PDF)
- Mandriva Ideas: submit your proposal for coming releases
Details of development releases
- Mandriva Linux 2010 Alpha 1
- Mandriva Linux 2010 Alpha 2
- Mandriva Linux 2010 Beta
- Mandriva Linux 2010 RC1
- Mandriva Linux 2010 RC2
You can read the Errata page here; it contains information on known problems with Mandriva Linux 2010 and, where available, how to fix, avoid or work around them.
In plus, you can also read the Release Notes page here; it contains information about Mandriva Linux 2010 new features and major changes, changes to supported hardware and drivers and other technical informations for experienced users.
Development planning: 2010 planning and delivery
Antoine Ginies will be the release engineer for all Mandriva Linux 2010 editions. The following editions are planned for each pre-release:
- Free : x86-32 and x86-64 DVDs, dual x86-32 / x86-64 Mini CD - 100% free / open source software
- One : KDE and GNOME x86-32 CDs, including proprietary drivers
Here is the planning schedule for pre-releases, debug weeks and final release :
| || |
|Patch review week||8 to 14/06/09|
|triage, bug, debug week||31/08 to 04/09/09|
|Release Candidate 1||17/09/09||19/09/09|
|triage, bug, debug week||28/09 to 02/10|
|Release Candidate 2||08/10/09||10/10/09|
|Official public release||03/11/2009||04/11/2009|