2011 Alpha 1
From Mandriva Community Wiki
- On first 2011 Alpha, Mandriva will use the QtCurve KDE style, with sub-theme CurveDominaV2
- The default color theme will be a default from KDE's color palette 'Norway'
- Finally, after a long time with Aia, we will give KDE's Plasma a new look, a theme called QtCurve-Hardy will be used, yes, a QtCurve Combo. :)
- Mouse cursor, we will update our mouse cursor theme to 'Oxygen Zion', this theme comes on a default KDE install.
- KDE's Splash screen will be switched to KDE's 'default'
- We will switch the default menu to Kickoff, adding a collection of most used applications the the 'Favorites' first screen.
- Choqok You have a twitter account, I have one, your mother has one! So, we need to ship our preferred Linux distro with a Twitter client, choqok seems the best choice for our Desktop, try it!
- We will try out, as media player, Clementine in place of Amarok2, purists may like it due it's Amarok1.4 interface.
- rpm5's GConf2 file trigger won't work now. It means that you'll get following error messages when installing/removing with almost all the gnome applications:
Must specify some schema files to install error: %trigger(GConf2-2.32.0-2.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 123
And the gconf schemas won't registered correctly, thus applications relying on gconf schemas will likely fail to start. You may want to register them correctly with:
# GCONF_CONFIG_SOURCE=`/usr/bin/gconftool-2 --get-default-source` /usr/bin/gconftool-2 --makefile-install-rule /etc/gconf/schemas/*.schemas