From Mandriva Community Wiki
Mandriva Linux 2011 beta notes
This page contains notes about the Mandriva Linux 2011 beta1 release.
Mandriva Linux 2011 beta is available in a unified installer, with a tool to dump the image to a USB flash drive.
- To use the iso to flash tool:
- Mount the image:
- mount -o loop mandriva-image-beta.iso /mnt
- cd /mnt
- in mnt you will find a directory called addons, inside is the tool, just run it with ./tool.sh or sh tool.sh
- Alternatively, you can use dd to write the Mandriva iso image to the USB flash drive.
Additional information is also available online:
- List of Compatible/Certified Computers and the detailed Mandriva Hardware Database
- The Mandriva User Forums
- The Mandriva Wiki
This release is available:
- One totally Free iso image, the iso can be installed directly; can run as live image; can be dumped to a pendrive.
- The installer now has the same GUI style used in the default desktop interface.
- Version: KDE 4.6.1-6-mdv2011
- Lots of improvements on Clementine Player
- Bug fixed on choqok, preventing it to crash on flash content
- KDE style was switched to QtCurve
- KDE window border was switched to QtCurve
- For KDE Color scheme test, it is switched to Ambiancy (need a fix to remove the orange windeco color and use blue) - Suggestions of color theme are welcome!
- Plasma-applet-stackfolder application, developed by ROSA Labs, is included by default
Under the Hood
- bash 4.2
Additional software packages
- Versions match Google Chrome releases in dev, beta and stable channels
- TeX updated to texlive-20110312