From Mandriva Community Wiki
HP DeskJet series
- Generally well supported, a few exceptions
- See HP for Linux
DeskJet 990 Cxi
- Multipage on sheet and duplexing both work
HP OfficeJet series
- Very well supported except for the fax capabilities.
OfficeJet G85 Multi-Function
- Multipage on sheet and duplexing both work - up 1200 dpi for photo quality - scan works quite well, but need a better OCR program. Uses HPIJS driver with cups, ghostscript, foomatic.
HP LaserJet series
HP LaserJet 3300mfp
This is for Laserjet 3330mfp and the print server jetdirect 175x.
Works great when using HPIJS and HPOJ drivers. I used HPIJS + Ghoast script as the driver. However, if using Postscript as driver, printing images will be very slow.
The print server jetdirect 175X connected to my Router (D-Link 624) works perfectly. The only modification i did was in MCC, coofiguring the printer. I inserted the IP address my router assigned to the connecting printer. Printing, scanning works as it should. Never tried the fax through PC though. I simply fax directly from the device.
HP LaserJet 1300
- HP provides a PPD file on the installation CD that only has to be placed in /usr/share/cups/model to make the driver available to CUPS. Full 1200x1200 dpi is available and the printer functions as expected. Output is dark and precise. See http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-LaserJet_1300 for additional information and support. Technoslick
HP LaserJet 6L
- 10.1 - autodetected during install. Works great.
- LE2005 - CUPS detected it automatically. No problems.
HP LaserJet IIIp
- This is a Postscript printer, so it works well with any UNIX system.
HP PhotoSmart series
HP Photosmart 7260
- HPIJS needed to be updated to 1.5 on my MDK 9.1 install. Believe 9.2 also needs this update. Be sure to print through ptal (rather than straight to USB) if you want 2 way comms (to read memory cards etc.)
HP All-in-One series (printer/scanner/copier) (HP PSC)
HP PSC 500
- Printer should be auto-detected and auto-installed, including scanning, under Mandriva Linux 9.1 and 9.2 . Printerdrake will see it as an HP Officejet R40 and it should work well as auto-configured. You can also choose the printer directly from the menu (PSC 500). Best results with driver 'hpijs'. To scan, use 'scanimage.' DO NOT use 'scannerdrake' (see Printerdrake "How to use this printer" for details).
HP PSC 1110
- This is a low cost 3-in-1 colour inkjet printer, scanner and copier. Printerdrake automatically configures the print settings of the 1110 correctly. However, for scanner support, you will need to install the hpioa sane library as well as the xsane GUI application manually.
HP PSC 1210
HP PSC 1350
- This is a slick all-in-one printer/copier/scanner that also includes slots for reading multi-media cards directly. Mandriva Linux 9.2 found the printer and correctly identified it as a printer/scanner, but seems to have gotten confused over what driver to use. I found the correct diver on http://hpoj.sourceforge.net/suplist.shtml (very usefull). See PSC 1350 details
- This printer is really all plug and play when using Mandriva 10.1 . Just go to MCC and check it! I had to go to MCC just to check whether the scanner was properly set and having a look at partitions I could see that the card reader was already set and running, mounted at /mnt/removable (/dev/sda ), as soon as you insert the card and see the light blinking. The driver (hpijs) was automatically installed.
HP PSC 1610
- Printer was auto-detected and installed under Mandriva linux 2005 LE as HP PSC 1600 series.
HP PSC 2175
- Printer was auto-detected and installed under 9.2, 10.0 and 10.1 . Uses driver 'hpijs' for best results. Scanning was also setup and installed with same driver during the initial installation. See HP PSC 2175 at www.linuxprinting.org
This category currently contains no pages or media.