From Mandriva Community Wiki
cool new stuff:
Automatic rebuild of E17
List of libs and description taken from README file:
- imlib2 : library that does image file loading and saving as well as rendering, manipulation, arbitrary polygon support, etc
- eet : tiny library designed to write an arbitary set of chunks of data to a file and optionally compress each chunk (very much like a zip file) and allow fast random-access reading of the file later on. It does not do zip as a zip itself has more complexity than is needed, and it was much simpler to implement this once here
- evas : clean display canvas API for several target display systems that can draw anti-aliased text, smooth super and sub-sampled scaled images, alpha-blend objects much and more.
- ecore : is the event/X abstraction layer that makes doing selections, Xdnd, general X stuff, event loops, timeouts and idle handlers fast, optimized, and convenient. It's a separate library so anyone can make use of the work put into Ecore to make this job easy for applications.
- embryo : is primarily a shared library that gives you an API to load and control interpreted programs compiled into an abstract machine bytecode that it understands. This abstract (or virtual) machine is similar to a real machine with a CPU, but it is emulated in software.
- edje : graphical layout and animation library for animated resizable, compressed and scalable themes.
- emotion : a video & media object library designed to interface with Evas and Ecore to provide autonomous "video" and "audio" objects that can be moved, resized and positioned like any normal object, but instead they can play video and audio and can be controlled from a high-level control API allowing the programmer to quickly piece together a multi-media system with minimal work.
- epsilon : small, display independent, and quick thumbnailing library.
- efreet : implementation of several specifications from freedesktop.org intended for use in Enlightenment DR17 (e17) and other applications using the Enlightenment Foundation Libraries (EFL).
- epeg : IMMENSELY FAST JPEG thumbnailer library API (oboslete).
- etk : a toolkit based on the EFL.
- ewl : toolkit for creating graphical user interfaces based on the Enlightenment Foundation Libraries (EFL). The library aims to ease the pain of creating graphical interfaces through the simplicity and consistency of its APIs.
- esmart : collection of evas smart objects.
- engrave : library for editing the contents of an edje .edj file. (oboslete)
- exml : an abstracted, generalized interface to an xml parser/writer, using ecore data structures and making things generally easy to get around in.
- edb : database conveneince library base on db 2.7.7
- e_dbus : basic convenience wrappers around dbus to ease integrating dbus with EFL based applications. When using e_dbus, direct use of the low level dbus api is still heavily required for processing messages.
- enhance : is a library that takes advantage of Glade's
I wrote a script to do all that job: 
Goal of this script is to easily maintain E17 libs and apps with the mdvsys build system.
First checkout the E17 svn repositery:
Then move this script into trunk/ directory, go into trunk/ directory and run the script.
usage of ./update_e_components
first arg: ---------- svne: update local E17 svn repositery mdvco: checkout all E17 libs with mdvdsys srpm: get SRPM from mdvsys in /home/aginies/E17_SRPM rm: erase all old stuff (tar ball, todo_pkg script) tar: create a link with package-version and create and move the tar.bz2 spec: increase version or mkrel in SPEC file /home/aginies/mdvsys/package/SPECS specs: show Version, mkrel, New version, New mkrel, VERSION IS NOT updated commit: commit to Madnriva SVN (commit) svnd: do an svn diff to see diff between local and svn repositery build: local build of package submit: submit the package to be built on the cluster rest: restore spec file in /home/aginies/mdvsys/package/SPECS show: show list of apps/libs all: do all above
Perhaps it needs some improvement. Feel free to improve it.
Applications available (package for Mandriva)
- e : Enlightenment 0.17.0
- ephoto (very unstable): Image Viewer/Editor/Manipulator/Slideshow creator
- entrance : login/display manager for UNIX X11 displays
- estickies : E17 Sticky notes application
- exhibit : another image viewer
- empower : graphical sudo tool
- e_modules : other E17 gadgets
- e_utils : obsolete !
- edje_viewer : simple viewer for edj files
- enity : create Etk dialogs using shell scripts (pb on x86_64)
- expedite : benchmark for evas
- emphasis : a simple MPD (Music Player Daemon) client writen in C/Etk
- extrackt : an audio CD ripper and encoder
- entice : image viewer using enlightenment libraries
- edje_editor : edit edje file
- itask : application launcher and taskbar based on the good old engage
- emprint : E17 screen captire utility
- eloquence : mdvsys
- eclair : mdvsys
- entropy (not really usable)
- Exalt : a complete network manager that based on hal/dbus library
application list almost uptodate : http://www1.get-e.org/Resources/Applications/
TODO libs: i think it's ok now.
Packge are available on Mandriva Cooker:
To install E17 on Mandriva SPring (2007.1) you must add the contrib/backports media. Go to easyurpmi website to add this media.
Build order: eet, edb, evas, ecore, epeg, embryo, edje, imlib2, emotion, epsilon, etk, efreet, ewk, e