From Mandriva Community Wiki
List ideas for a better integration of Xfce in Mandriva Linux. Add your bugzilla# for each idea to be able to discuss it if needed.
Idea is quite simple - provide best Xfce experience with the Mandriva Linux, best distribution in the world.
So far, the XFCE One edition has been produced since the 2007.1 release:
- Fork/Customized version of the XFCELive 2010
- XfceLive 2010 Spring
Several versions are available on the mirrors:
- i586 & x86_64 for 2008.1 edition
- international, asia and extra-i18n (you can find the supported languages list for each iso on this page)
- add other mirrors or torrents
Mandriva's Xfce maintainers:
- Jérôme Soyer - email@example.com
- Tomasz Paweł Gajc - firstname.lastname@example.org
Testers, and wiki's contributors:
- Dotan Kamber - email@example.com
- Annaïg "Scara" Denis - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mike Massonnet - email@example.com
- Stéphane Téletchéa
- Rémi Mathieu - rmathieu is at mandriva.org
- Olivier "Nanar" Thauvin and [distrib coffee]
- Benoît Audouard (baud123) and [Tuxfamily]
- lucian at mandrivausers.ro [Mandrivausers.ro]
Mandriva Xfce 2009.0
Mandriva Xfce 2008.1
Mandriva Xfce 2008
Main changes between versions:
2009.0 - 2009.1
- new applications from xfce project
- new settings
2008.1 - 2009.0
- added LUKS filesystem support
- some more ... :P
Please consider using Bugzilla to file your feature requests instead of this page!
The benefits of using Bugzilla instead of this page should be clear:
- Bugzilla is meant to track bugs as well as feature requests
- Discussions on one topic are easily possible and visible in the cooker mailinglist
- It is possible to vote for feature requests
- It is possible to use Bugzilla to determine which features should be implemented for which release and track the status of them
- If you want to see a list of all open feature requests, simply ask Bugzilla
Still, this Wiki page is useful to keep an overview of ideas that have been raised for the next release.
How to fill a suggestion into Bugzilla
- If you are not yet registered in bugzilla, create an account
- Log in
- Enter a new issue into Bugzilla
- In the distribution list, choose "Mandriva Cooker".
- Select the Mandriva Tool or the package the suggestion/idea is relating to.
- Select the version, the component and the architecture.
- In the Severity field, choose "enhancement".
- Put a clear summary and a description of your suggestion/idea.
- Click on "Commit"
|Include Xfce at the same level as GNOME or KDE for installation||Bug #16731||in progress|
|Make Mandriva applets as mdkonline, netapplet, etc work in Xfce systray||Bug #||DONE|
|Have a Mandriva Menu for Xfce||Bug #||DONE|
|Make themes for Xfce : ia_ora, etc||Bug #||DONE|
|Make a Mandriva One with Xfce (not officially supported)||Bug #||DONE|
|Whitespace underneath the weather graphic, while panel has a pixmap as a background||Bug #40183||in progress|
|KDE trashbin is shown on xfdesktop||Bug #30979||in progress|
|xfwm ia_ora theme doesnt look right||Bug #39326||in progress|
|Keyboard doesn't work with autologin and xfce||Bug #39549||DONE|
|Config files get touched when logging off without changes to them||Bug #36021||in progress|
Installation error for existing packages
|Installation of xfce-toys impossible||Bug #24960||FIXED|
|Installation of xfce-trigger, xfce-modemlights-plugin, xfce-minicmd-plugin impossible||Bug #26665||FIXED|
Package to be added
To be confirmed
Those bugs have to be confirmed before any addition in the previous lists
- work with upstream on issues (developpers needed)
Meet the Xfce team on #mandriva-xfce on freenode.net !