From Mandriva Community Wiki
This page is the entry point for all informations related to packages creation and management. If you have additional content to add, please try to keep it balanced, and link it under a suitable section below.
Packaging policies are guidelines ensuring consistency between the always growing number of packages.
Some policies change over time. See Roadmap for the list of the planned changes.
Spec file policies
Tag value policies
General view of the existing machine, environment, scripts and procedure to build the Mandriva distribution.
- QuickRef - start here: help on svn and pkg submission commands
- Quickstart - full example of a package change session
- Theory - An explanation of how the Build System works
- Problems - quick list of current build system issues
- Analysis - comparison of the old mdv way with the conectiva build system
- Submitting - proposal of package submitting (the current way is different)
- Iurt Analysis - analisys of iurt (pkg build tool on chroot)
QA reporting rools
Utils, configuration and editor tricks
- Debian Patch Splitter
- .rpmmacros: Example .rpmmacros file that should work out-of-the-box