How to become an official Mandriva mirror
From Mandriva Community Wiki
Procedure to be inserted into the official Mandriva Mirrors list
If you have a large internet connection (10 MBit or more for upload) and available disk space (200 GB or more), you can become an official Mandriva Mirror.
The whole Mandriva repository weights about 700 GB, distributed between the development branch (/devel), the official branch (/official) and the old branch (/old). See Mandriva Mirror structure layout for more information.
- 160 GB /devel
- 860 GB /official
- 141 GB /old
Of course you can choose to only mirror part of the structure. Preferably, mirror /official and /devel.
The following command is suggested for setting up the initial mirror and updating it:
rsync -avH --partial --delete-after --delay-updates --exclude '.*' URL/ your-tree/MandrivaLinux/
YMMV, but you're encouraged to use --partial --delete-after --delay-updates to help prevent leaving the mirror in a broken state.
Avoid mirroring via HTTP or FTP protocols.
There currently three official secondary mirrors - those that sync directly from the Mandriva primary mirror:
|distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr::mandrivalinux/||Paris, France - Europe||see distrib-coffee|
|carroll.cac.psu.edu::MandrivaLinux/||Pennsylvania, USA - North America||see PSU Academic Services and Emerging Technologies|
|mandriva.c3sl.ufpr.br::MandrivaLinux/||Curitiba, Brazil - South America||see C3SL or Contact e-mail|
How to submit a new mirror request
- once your mirror is set up, please open a bug on bugzilla on product "Mandriva Build System", component "Mirror" with the following info:
- geographic location of the mirror (country and city)
- mirror contact/admin (name, email address - only one)
- available bandwidth
- which primary mirror you are using
- list of your URLs, including protocol used among http / ftp (anonymous) / rsync
- as soon as your mirror is added, the admin email address will be subscribed to the mirror-list mailing-list, where announcements, notices and eventual discussions regarding mirroring are posted.
See Mandriva_mirrors for existing mirrors by country (remember that more is better).
You'll be added to http://svn.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/config/mirror/trunk/mirrors.xml?view=log once your mirror is operational.