Mandriva Package Manager
From Mandriva Community Wiki
Please, help us to test MPM. After some period of testing we will include it into Mandriva by default (approximately into Mandriva 2011 LTS).
Currently is implemented:
- a client-server architecture: backend is mdvpkg, frontend - MPM;
- installing/removing packages;
- categorization of applications by repository;
- possibility to work under nonprivileged user account with authorization when it necessary to install package;
Additional information on this development version
- Selet latest version available in the repository (e.g 0.8.3 and not 0.8.2-3 which may also be listed)
- The icon is available in the menu Tools/System Tools/Install or remove software
- This does not affet the usual Package Manager (Drakrpm) still available in the menu Applications or in the Control Center. Applications installed with one tool can be removed by the other.
- MPM is available only in English