OOo Quality Assurance
From Mandriva Community Wiki
Mandriva OpenOffice.org Quality Assurance (draft)
This document describes a list of tests to be taken by a QA tester while testing Mandriva OpenOffice.org.
- Are the upgrading for both archs working ?
- Is the clean installation for both archs ok ?
- Does the ooo menu icons (k-menu and others as g-menu) looks ok and is working ?
- Are l10n functionalities packages (dutch, french, portuguese brazilian, english and so) ok ?
- Are help packages working correctly (inside ooo use the F1 key to check this) ?
- Is the PDF importing document functionality working (just try open a pdf file using ooo - it should be editable) ?
- Is the installing and uninstalling of further extensions working as well (packages: presentation-minimizer, wiki-publisher, presenter-screen) ?
- Are ooo toolbar icons ok ?
- Does the OOo works in GNOME and KDE ?
- Does it open and save correctly writer, calc, impress, database and draw documents ?
- And what about from a nfs mounted volume and samba shared one ?
- Install openoffice.org-gnome package and see if the file picker under GNOME is working correctly.
- Test some printing changing the page orientation.
- Test opening OOo documents using the Firefox.
- Test digital signature functionality by signing documents and opening signed ones - (needs a better step-by-step todo).
- Do any other test you judge needed for this kind of application like OpenOffice.