From Mandriva Community Wiki
Metisse is a window manager developped by the In Situ project.
More information about Metisse, including screencast videos is available at http://www.mandriva.com/archives/en/projects/metisse.html.
How to test Metisse
- on Mandriva Linux 2007.1 and later: use drak3d to enable Metisse as 3D technology.
- using a liveCD (based on Mandriva Linux 2007.0 with GNOME as desktop). Download is available at http://www.mandriva.com/archives/en/projects/metisse/download.html
- on Mandriva Linux 2007.0: Warning, this is not supported by Mandriva, use as your own risk
- From main/backports repository, download packages libnucleo0, compositing-server-common, compositing-wm-common and gnome-session (this one is only needed if you are using GNOME as desktop).
- From contrib/backports, download packages x11-server-xmetisse, metisse and metisse-fvwm packages.
- Using urpmi, install all downloaded packages (and their dependencies).
- When install is done, modify the following files
- FAQ about Metisse is available at http://www.mandriva.com/archives/en/projects/metisse/faq.html
- User documentation about Metisse is available at http://www.mandriva.com/archives/en/projects/metisse/functionalities.html